Serving Customers in Marion, Napa, and Sonoma, California.
Indoor Air Quality in Marin, Sonoma, & Napa County
Indoor air quality (IAQ) refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures, especially as it relates to the health and comfort of building occupants (EPA). Poor indoor air quality has been linked to continued sickness, reduced productivity, and impaired learning and thought processes. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency rates poor indoor air quality as an area of major concern, noting that common contaminants, endlessly redistributed by a central air system, can contribute to allergy symptoms and sickness.
Your home’s indoor air quality is important, because it can directly impact the health and well-being of the people who are in your home. There can be short-term and long-term effects. Immediate effects typically are similar to those of colds and other viral infections, while some long-term effects may include respiratory diseases, heart disease, cancer, and more.
Do You Know What's in Your Home's Air?
Some of the most common things that may be in your home’s air include:
- Dust Mites
- Mold and Mildew
- Pet Dander
- Cockroach Allergens
- Viruses and Bacteria
If you want to ensure that the air you and are family are breathing every day is safe, Bragg Cooling, Heating & Plumbing can help. We can assess your current IAQ situation by performing a fast and easy air quality test that measures the level of particulate concentration in your air. We will then make recommendations based on our findings.
Quality doesn’t have to cost more.
At Bragg Cooling, Heating & Plumbing we’ve provided expert HVAC services including Indoor Air Quality since 1968.
Indoor Air Quality Services:
- Air Quality Testing
- Air Duct Cleaning
- UV Light Installation
- EAC (Electronic Air Cleaner) Whole House Air Filtration
Bragg Cooling, Heating & Plumbing
Tips to Better Indoor Air Quality:
- Change Your Air Filters Regularly: Step one to better IAQ is maintaining clean and unobstructed air filters. An unchanged and dirty or soiled air filter means that the blower is spreading unclean, airborne particles throughout your North Bay Area home.
- Open Your Windows Daily: A largely shared good habit is simply to open your windows a few minutes every day to let in fresh air. This helps to lower concentrations of toxic chemicals as well as carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Don’t Smoke Indoors: If there are smokers in your home, have them do so outdoors. Exhaled air, after taking a drag on a cigarette, contains more than 4,000 different chemicals.
- Frequently Dust and Vacuum: Everything turns to dust one day. Keeping your home dust free and tidying and cleaning the place where you live is an effective action to improve air quality. If you have pets in your home, their pet dander and activity can create more dust in the air, so you may need to dust and vacuum more regularly.
- Maintain a Recommended Humidity Level: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that you keep the humidity in your home between 30 and 50%. This will limit the growth of mold and the presence of dust mites that pollute the air.
- Limit Synthetic Fragrances: Synthetic fragrances are all around us. Did you know that many gases evaporating from these products are actually harmful volatile organic compounds? You can arrange slices of lemon on a plate to delicately perfume the air in a room or use baking soda in a small bowl to eliminate odors.
- Add Plants: Place an air filtering plant in your home. While plants pollutant removal rate is small, which means there is no way they could capture all of the pollution, they still help to clean the air.
- Invest in a Whole House Electronic Air Cleaner: When it comes to indoor air purification, you have options. We recommend the Trane Clean Effects EAC which uses a revolutionary technology that provides your home with cleaner, healthier air. It removes up to 99.98% of airborne particles as small as .1 micron in diameter.
Fast Same-Day HVAC Service
Fast, same-day service area covers Marin, Sonoma, & Napa County.
Trane ‘Clean Effects’ Whole House Electronic Air Cleaner:
- Sets the standard of in air quality using revolutionary technology. It removes up to 99.98% of airborne particles s small as .1 micron in diameter.
- Highest efficiency. Standard air cleaners have filters that are very dense, so they stop the dust by trapping it in a slightly porous filter. The fewer the pores, the more dust it can trap. However, this not only stops the dust and dirt, but it also stops the air from moving as well. So, you may not be as comfortable, and less air is cleaned efficiently. This is called pressure drop. The revolutionary Trane ‘Clean Effects’ Air Cleaner has the lowest pressure drop with the highest efficiency possible.
- Small particles, large effects. Particles like dust, smoke and bacteria are often .3 microns or less. At that size, allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t filtered by your nose and throat. The Trane ‘Clean Effects’ air cleaner, can reduce the presence of potential asthma and allergy attack triggers in your home, like dust, pollen, pet hair and dander, dust mites, mildew, lint, fungus, most tobacco smoke, cooking grease and even bacteria.
- Patented Innovation. The Trane ‘Clean Effects’ air cleaner utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter. It catches particles as small as .1 micron, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1-inch filter.
- Verified by Harvard experts. The Trane ‘Clean Effects’ air cleaner has been performance-tested by LMS Technologies and Environmental Health & Engineering Inc., with the results verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health, so you know you are getting an air cleaner for your home like no other.